Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New Generation Of Neighborhood Journalism In Norman

It's just about midnight in Norman, Okla. Do you know where your children are?


Kidding. However, as promised, a new generation of digital journalism for our wonderful city is born in 'The Norman Files,' an idea I birthed last fall and have recreated this spring.


The publishing format is as a blog, no doubt. However, make no mistake: This is a news site. And, the goal with this site is to provide information, coverage, items of interest to Normanites that might not get as much coverage in mainstream press.


My hope is that 'The Norman Files' is at once quirky, grass-roots and useful.


I'm a journalist by trade, but in this effort, I'll be using the most basic of tools. My vision is that you the fair reader will share what's on your mind, not to mention your photographs and videos, press releases, events, etc.


If there's new construction on your street, I'd like to know about it.


If you've lost a pet, send me a photo and a name, and we'll post it.


If you're trying to raise some money for a good cause, by all means, let us know.


E-mail us anytime at thenormanfiles@gmail.com.

No comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP